Database Development - TAG Safety
TAG Safety provides Work at Height training. For a number of years we have maintained their website and training database. The website - www.tagsafety.com - provides an introduction to TAG Safety and the following features:
- Details of the training courses currently available
- A certificate validation system to check training expiry dates
- A password protected customer’s area where Tag Safety’s customers can login and view the training courses they have booked
A cloud based SQL Server database contains the information displayed by the site.
The office based database has the following features:
- A database of customers, training events and delegate bookings
- Certificate printing
- A system which synchronises the office database with the cloud based database
- Report generation with options to export as pdfs or excel spreadsheets
Having two database means the office based system isn’t dependant on having an internet connection to work. It also means the interface to the office based database doesn’t have to be browser based, which allows it to be more sophisticated and interface with other software packages (for example Excel and Outlook).
This project is an example of Peregrine Software’s commitment to supporting customers and building long term relationships. The website has gone through a number of minor face-lifts and the features provided by the office based system have expanded since its initial release as systems have been expanded and improved.
The website and office system were created using Microsoft’s Visual Studio development program. Both databases are Microsoft SQL Servers.
Screen Shot of TAG Safety's Office Database